Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Breathing a little easier

Today I am a little more relaxed, I have finished one of my wedding dresses. A dress for a traditional Muslim wedding, made out of many layers of white silk georgette and lots of ruching. It was probably one of the hardest things I have ever made, not just because it was difficult fabric to work with, with many layers of baby rolled hems ( you know the ones on Project Runway that they always leave unfinished then get kicked of for), but because it was someones wedding dress, a dress that she will always remember and has probably been thinking about her whole life and it should be pretty near perfect. Done and Done ( until the next one...)

One of my Interns( yes I have 2 ) started today as well, and i have decided that I don't like that word I much prefer assistant. So very soon they both will be introducing themselves here and contributing to blog posts. Rupa has started cleaning and organizing my back room and did more in 2 hrs then I have managed to do back there in 6 months. So a BIG BIG thanks.

I have some big things planned here at fleur, and with both of these ladies help I feel that soon these big things will start happening!!

sorry no pretty pics today.... soon very soon

No comments: