Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stress Releases

I have been so busy the last few days with, Thanksgiving, making sewing kits for the store. In addition to the 3 dresses that I have been commissioned to make, getting ready for the DIY discussion forum on the 17th ( I will post more about that later)... need less to say Ive been stressed, so when I get stressed I bake!

I made Chocolate Chip Cookies & Banana, Blueberry, Walnut Bread 


Don't get me wrong I love dessert, but I don't bake for the end result. I bake for the process...  all the ingredients,  the sound of a bag of chocolate chips hitting the raw cookie dough,the measuring cups and big mixing bowl, using my magic bullet (I love my magic bullet, every kitchen should have one). 
Its also takes me back to the memories of baking with my mom and sisters. The whole system my mom had to give us turns for who got to lick the bowl, then still fighting over it! The time I ate a huge spoonful of raw batter( despite my oldest sisters warnings) and got a mouth full of raw egg.
And now starting to build these memories with my son who is now old enough to mix and pour... and of course licking the bowl.  So I share with you my recipe for the banana bread! 

OH! one more thing... 99% of my baking is vegan YUP no eggs, butter or  animal milk! I was vegan for 3 years and I still bake that way, its actually very simple.In fact I was either going to open my Fabric Store or a Vegan Bakery!

Banana Blue Bread
3 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sweetener ( I use brown rice syrup)
1/2 cup oil or melted margarine ( its really the same thing)
1 3/4 cup soy milk ( or almond milk)
2 mashed bananas
2tbsp ground flax seed ( replaces eggs)
1 cup blueberries
1 cup walnuts

pre heat oven to 375 oil or flour a bread tin
mix dry ingredients in one bowl
wet in another then combine them
and pour into bread tin
bake for 35-40 mins

I bake for a toddler so I dont use alot of sugar
you could add 1/4 cup more to make it sweeter or add chocolate chips


No comments: